Thank you for considering sharing your story with us. We know how difficult it can be to put your feelings down in writing, but we also know how healing the process can be. NAMI states that “Decades of research have suggested that expressive writing can help improve mood, increase psychological well-being, reduce depressive symptoms, decrease PTSD avoidance symptoms, reduce days spent in a hospital and improve immune system functioning (to name a few).” We would love to hear what you have to say about your experience with NAMI Central Virginia and your journey with mental health.
- Your first name
- Email address
- City & State (not required, but suggested)
- Title, if article-style
- Release Form
- Discussion of specific medications
- Discussion of suicide methods
- Mention of specific clinicians
Formatting may include:
- Personal stories on how you found NAMI-CVA, your experience with NAMI-CVA’s programs and groups, or how we helped you or your loved ones.
- Personal stories on your experience with mental illness, loss, or suicide.
- Tips on coping skills, self-care, resources diagnosis, advocacy, etc.
NAMI-CVA reserves the right to edit for content and length. Submissions may be shared on our website and social media pages. Please indicate if you would like to remain anonymous. Please fill out the release form here and email a copy to email@example.com or mail to P.O. Box 18086 Richmond, VA 23226-8086.