Workshop For Parents of Children and Youth with Mental Health Needs
Free six-hour workshop developed as an adaptation of NAMI Basics by our good friends at
- Provides information to help parents understand typical behaviors versus challenging behaviors that require intervention
- Learn when and how to seek help, develop parenting strategies, learn the ins and outs of special education and other educational supports, and discover community resources available to families and youth
- Gain an understanding of mental wellness and mental health conditions in children and develop strategies to support your child
- Taught by parents who have been on similar journeys and can provide firsthand experience and knowledge
- Provides attendees with a comprehensive manual full of relevant resources and information all in one place
There is no cost to attend, but registration is required. Child care stipends are available.
Richmond – Saturday January 12th
10:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M.
21o4 W. Laburnum Avenue
Richmond Virginia 23227
Contact Laura May to register for this workshop: email@example.com or call 804-309-7924 ext 204
Hopewell – Saturday, January 12th
10:30 – 4:30
Hopewell Public Library Conference Room
209 E. Cawson St,
Hopewell, VA 23860
Contact Nicole Anjum, firstname.lastname@example.org, (804) 991-8716 to register for this workshop.