Come join our team at NAMI Central Virginia!
Tri-Cities Outreach Coordinator
NAMI Central Virginia is pleased to announce that we are hiring an Outreach Coordinator in the Tri-Cities region (Hopewell, Petersburg, Prince George County and the southern portion of Chesterfield County).
This part-time position is 24 hours per week (6 hours per day), Monday – Thursday. Work hours will generally be 9:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M. Occasional weekend hours may be required. This position is stationed in Hopewell, Virginia with an office in the Wellness Pavilion at John Randolph Hospital.
- Create and maintain relationships with collaborative partners in the Tri-Cities region.
- Maintain office hours for the purpose of engaging visitors referred by John Randolph Hospital staff members and community-based agencies.
- Develop interest in NAMI CVA programs from Tri-Cities faith-based communities, Community Centers, Health Care providers, corporations and local business.
- Represent NAMI CVA at community health fairs, school board meetings, stakeholder meetings, and as directed by the Executive Director.
- Assist Program Coordinator in identifying NAMI CVA program participants and potential program facilitators.
- Strategically promote NAMI CVA programs in the Tri-Cities region with the purpose of reaching as many program participants as possible.
- Keep a detailed record of hours worked, contacts made and mileage.
- Must be able and willing to initiate mental health discussions in public housing communities, county jails, mental health hospitals, and homeless shelters for the purpose of expanding the presence of NAMI CVA.
Required qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in a Human Service field. Master’s Degree in Social Work, Education, Health related field preferred. Proficient in Microsoft Office. Must be able to network effectively and to communicate the mission of NAMI CVA during face-to-face meetings and in written correspondence. Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task are a must. Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
Salary: Competitive hourly wage, commensurate with experience.
To apply, email cover letter and current resume to: Dr. Mark Richardson, Executive Director: mark.richardson[at]namicentralvirginia.org. The application period ends August 30th at 5:00 p.m.