October 21st, 2017 – Save the Date!
NAMIWalks Virginia 2017 is right around the corner!
Come join the thousands of individuals at Innsbrook in Glen Allen on October 21st for a day dedicated to inspiring hope, improving lives, and fighting the stigma surrounding mental illness. There will be a whole hosting of fun activities and vendors with valuable mental health-related information, followed by the Walk itself – a 5k that winds throughout the lovely Innsbrook complex.
The proceeds from NAMIWalks will assist NAMI Central Virginia and other affiliates in providing free mental health support and education to thousands of people in the community. These programs are vital to so many individuals and families that have struggled with the challenges mental illness can present. Help us stomp out stigma, strengthen NAMI’s presence, and improve lives!
So how does one get involved with NAMIWalks? Check out these easy steps to show your support for NAMI Central Virginia. Opportunity exists even if you can’t be present on Walk Day. Below is information on registration, forming teams, collecting donations, and volunteering.
- Register for the Walk here. Be sure to select NAMI Central Virginia as your affiliate so that your individual fundraising efforts benefit NAMI programs in the metro Richmond-Petersburg region.
- Join a team, or create your own! Being part of a Walk Team adds to the fun, and there are prizes for teams and captains that go the extra mile.
- Not sure which team to join? Don’t worry, you can walk with us, the NAMI Central Virginia Affiliate Walk Team!
- Can’t be at the Walk? Register as a virtual walker, or click here to donate to a specific Walker or Walk Team.
- Use the online tools to collect and track donations. These tools include template emails & letters, content for social media, and more!